Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesdays with Morrie

Hey girrrrls!
I wasn't able to be at book club last Thursday, but I just finished reading the book and was wondering what comments and ideas were passed around. If you don't mind, I'd like to hear from you!
As for me, at first I thought this Morrie guy was actually kind of cocky in a way, thinking he had something to say to the whole world. In the end, I was touched by how much he does know the world and how well he handled his own death. It made me think about my own life and what is important. How DO I spend my days? Back in college, I frequently skipped out on schoolwork to spend more time with people, because I thought that people were more important. Over time things changed and I got more selfish, spending my time on frivolous things and less time with the people I love (ahem, like this chat?). It definitely made me reconsider some of my priorities, so THANK YOU MORRIE! I wish I'd spent some Tuesdays with you.....

1 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

I loved the book the first time I read it, and loved it again the second time. I love the way the Morrie opens up Mitch's heart and helps him to make his life better, even though Morrie is dying. He didn't give up on his friend and wanted him to see the world for how wonderful it can be. I didn't say much at book club, but I really enjoyed the book. I am looking forward to meet up again in January. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!