Monday, October 18, 2010

.:November Craft Group:.

Sorry I am kind of late with getting info together for this. October has flown by, and it has just been a crazy busy month!

I have a committment in Provo on November 4th, so I will probably have to do craft group on November 11th. I know there is something going on that nite that will conflict with craft group for some of us, but I don't know what else to do! Wednesdays are out for me because Josh has elder's quorum that nite and wouldn't be home to take my kids. So I'm sorry in advance for whoever this causes a conflict for!

Here is what I am thinking of doing:


I will not be providing frames. I am hoping that if you want a frame, you have one you would be able to bring. I am planning on using an old one I have. (I may have extra, but don't know that for sure at the moment.) It can really be as big or small as you want. I would provide spray paint for your frame.

If you do not want to do a frame, I can look into prices for wreaths. I may be able to find some at a dollar store, which would be awesome, but no guarantees. If you get Michael's or Joann's or Hobby Lobby's coupons, you may want to choose to pick up your own wreath so that you could use your coupon.

Please let me know what you would do/want me to do for that part of the craft.

I will provide all of the ribbon and ornaments for this door decoration. I will not be paper mache-ing all of them for us to paint like the ones shown (sorry, WAY too much work!) but I will still have something fun and pretty to hang.

I can't give you an idea on price yet, as I have not been to the store. But I will do my best to keep it $10 or under - I promise! I am a big coupon person, so I'll try to get as much as I can with my coupons.

Let me know your thoughts and preferences!

7 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

I LOVE this! I want to do a frame because you don't see a lot of things like this, more so with wreaths. D.I. always has frames and you could probably find a cool looking cheap one, that's what I will most likely do. Great pick Summer, I can't wait!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

That's a great idea, Sarah! Good call!

Sorry that you'll all possibly be having to bring something on your own!

Sarah Jane said...

I don't mind, especially if you can get a 16x20 for $3.00, then a smaller one should only be $1-$2. Not a lot to have to part with.

Shook Family said...

I love it also. I think I will try and find a frame but I also have an old window that I think it would be cute to hang in my house. Good job. You are so cool!

Camilla said...

Yeah I can just provide my own frame too. Very cute.

Melissa said...

I love this I can't wait to do one, count me in!

Sarah Jane said...

Summer I am going to do 2 crafts! Do you know what size that frame is?