Friday, June 13, 2008

For Sarah...

Chicken Pie

Mix together in a 2 quart baking dish:
Cooked chopped chicken (My mom uses a whole chicken, I use 2 chicken breasts)
1 cup chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken, celery, or potato soup (cream of potato is my favorite)
Salt and pepper, if desired

Topping:
1 cup self-rising flour (or all purpose flour with 1 ½ tsp baking powder and ½ tsp salt)
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup milk

Cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until wet—will be lumpy. Pour over chicken, broth, and soup. Bake at 375° for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown on top. You can also add cheese or veggies to the chicken, but cook a little longer for frozen veggies. This recipe came from my mom.


I make this ALL the time because it is delicious, it is good for me...and, bonus, it is EASY. You just need to plan ahead a little bit because it bakes for 45 to 50 minutes. Sorry, I don't have a picture of it.

2 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Thanks Tara, sounds yummy! We'll have to give it a try!

Steve&Melissa said...

This sounds so yummy!!! Thanks for sharing!