Monday, September 13, 2010

October Craft Club

Ok here is the craft for October! I just wanted you to all see him and start thinking about if you want to make him! We will be doing it at my house on October 7th so you can start planning if you can make it. I need to know by September 24th if you want to make one, if you are coming or not.

Here is a break down of costs without paint, jewels, ribbon or glitter. I need to know if you want the turkey and the "give thanks" stand, or just the turkey. I'm fine either way you want to go, it will cost you less if you don't want to do the stand.

Mr. Turkey is $5.75
The stand is $1.25
Vinyl lettering is $2.00

Keep in mind these costs are before tax and as I said I haven't included any of the other things to go along with the craft. As soon as I figure out pricing on the other stuff I will have a more accurate cost, these costs are just the wood craft itself. Also, there are 8 different colors on each of the turkey's feathers, so I will most likely only be providing the black for the stand (if you want it) the paint for both body pieces, and the gobbler.

Another thing you will need to think about is what scrapbook paper you want to put with him. I could probably add that into the cost too, since there isn't that much, but you might want it to match the colors you will paint the feathers. I will post at the bottom the colors of the feathers if you want to match them exactly.

One more thing, if you want to do the stand, they had 2 different sayings so I will need to know which saying you want on your stand. They are: "Give Thanks" and "Harvest Blessings".
Sorry for the long post, but hopefully we can get this done soon so I can pick them all up and have them ready to go for October 7th!

Paint of feathers: (Ceramacoat brand)
Tompte Red, Empire Gold, Pansy, Leaf Green, Navy Blue, Poppy Orange, Tomato Spice, and Purple.

Make sure to call those that don't check our blog and let them know what's up! Thanks ladies!

12 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Soooo cute!

IF I can come (my mom may be in town visiting then) I would probably only do the turkey to keep the cost down for me. I'll try to figure out if she is coming or not so I can let you know.

I'd say I'd buy it either way, but considering I still have my USA and my Wicked to do, it's not likely to get done by the time I need it! :)

Sarah Jane said...

Summer, If you decide you want it and can't come, I'd be happy to paint yours for you! Just let me know! :)

Shook Family said...

I will get it.
I want the stand and I think I want it to say Give thanks.
What else? Let me kno if there is any other things I have to tell you.

Sarah Jane said...

Lindy, thats all, thanks.

Melissa said...

I also want one, With the stand and it to say give thanks thank you i am so excited! Also can we buy the paper to.

Jenny said...

Yay! SO CUTE! I just want the turkey...I don't love the stand so much :) Thanks!

Sarah said...

I am in! I want just mr. turkey man!

Stacy said...

I will do both, and want the stand to say "Give Thanks" and thank you!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

I'll be there! And I only want the turkey! (Thanks for the offer to paint mine, Sarah! :))

Camilla said...

I'll take both, and "Give Thanks" on the stand. Thanks.

Adam, Traci and Brooklyn said...

I want the turkey and the stand with "give thanks". Thanks!

JEN & JEREMY said...

I want the craft, just the turkey but I will not be able to make it on craft night so I will give my money to Sarah S. to bring with her if that's ok.
Thank you!